Friday, August 2, 2013

Back with a new look and plenty of new posts!

Hello my beauties!

Yesterday was my first day back to the real world after spending the summer studying for the bar exam (which I finally took this week) and the first thing I did was a complete overhaul of the blog. See the sites I used and a preview of new posts to come after the jump!

I spent the day reading some really amazing blogs for design tips and was able to come up with a fresh look that I really love. Below is a list of the blogs I'd like to give a shout out to for being so helpful and for providing me and other bloggers with freebies (like really cute social medial icons!) and easy to follow tips about blog design.

1. Sew Many Ways- The blog post I am linking helped me find PicMonkey (how did not know about this site before?! It's AMAZING!) and helped me create my lovely new banner. I could spend all day on PicMonkey- there are literally endless options for creating banners, picture collages, and pretty much anything else photo related you could think of. I finally settled on my new banner after testing out a few patterns and I'm so happy with the result!

2. The Blog Guidebook- wow wow WOW! What an amazing website for bloggers! This site has tons of amazing blogging tips and provides you with plenty of free resources to spruce up your blog in a snap!

3. Life's Little Mischiefs- After scouring through tons of google search results for the perfect social media icons, I finally found the right ones at Life's Little Mischiefs. The gold glitter background set of icons went perfectly with my new banner and the page I am linking includes instructions on how to make your own social media icons!

4. Code It Pretty- my savior! Code It Pretty helped me line up my pretty gold glitter properly by providing me with clear, step-by-step instructions on how to create the code that would link my blog followers to my other social media sites. I am hardly a tech wiz and this site made the process so easy and painless. I used the instructions from Life's Little Mischiefs and this site to create the proper code. The whole process between the two sites took me about 15 minutes and my icons were up and running!


So that was my redesign adventure- a nice break from all the hard studying that I was bogged down with this summer. In addition to Instagram and Pinterest, you can now follow the blog on Bloglovin! Be sure to follow! 

Some Ideas for the Blog!
I came home to NY to study for the bar and, sadly, left my massive makeup collection back in DC, so the bulk of my new posts will come when I go back. However, in my intense bouts of stress, I went out and bought plenty of new makeup to play with in the meantime (of course). If you follow me on Instagram, you already witnessed some of my retail therapy!



Even though my August Ipsy Bag will be here sometime next week (hopefully), I have yet to try all of the products from my July Bag. Like I said earlier, it's been a rough summer and that means no time for fun stuff like trying new makeup and hair products! I managed to try the Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewing Beach Spray once and it smelled so good I couldn't bear to waste it because, let's be honest, I also didn't go anywhere other than the library and back home this summer and, well, no point in getting dolled up for that round trip! Anyway, a review of these products will be up shortly and I'll start posting monthly reviews of the bags I receive from here on out.

Instagram was my only creative outlet this summer...
I got my creativity fix in under 3 minutes!
One of my favorite retail therapy places this summer was CVS. I avoided the mall like the plague because a) once I went inside, I knew I wouldn't leave within a reasonable amount of time b) I didn't need to buy any expensive makeup or products considering neither was necessary for my hermit-like existence and c) who doesn't love CVS? Wet n Wild is probably one of my favorite drugstore makeup lines of all time. Their eyeshadows are AMAZING and their Megalast lipcolors (well known to be dupes for some high end favorites) are gorgeous and a total steal for $1.99! I completed my 8-pan collection by buying "Blue Had Me At Hello" and cannot wait to try it out.

Future Post: My Go-To Nighttime Skincare Products!

So there you have it! New look, new posts, and new adventures are on their way! Suggestions or requests for posts are always welcome, so feel free to leave a comment below!


No comments:

Post a Comment