Monday, December 26, 2011

Review: Hot Bronze Nail Polish for Winter

One of the hottest colors of the season is bronze- every nail polish company has its own unique shade of bronze out for the winter season. I tried out one of my favorite drug store brands, Sally Hansen Insta-Dry in "Bronze Ablaze"- LOVE IT!!

Bronze Ablaze is a gorgeous olive based bronze nail color that is perfect for a New Year's party and can still be worn to work the next day.
Without flash



There is a hint of shimmer to the nail polish, but it's barely noticeable until you look really closely at it. Only when I took a picture of it with the flash on did I see the shimmer in the polish. Just looking at it, however, the shimmer is so fine, that it only adds a slight metallic finish to the polish.
With flash

Lastly, I topped off my nails with Wet n' Wild's Fast Dry top coat. I got this in the Wet n' Wild holiday pack (see my CVS 75% sale post) where it came with a gorgeous glitter polish. Since I'm home for the holidays, I had to pack light and I figured I'd toss this into my suitcase and try it out at home instead of bringing my whole nail kit. Although the Insta-Dry dries fairly quickly, I like adding a top coat for extra shine and to prevent chipping. I'll add a post about my favorites later, but I figured I should try this one because it was just lying around waiting to be opened.

On the whole, I'm not a fan. It certainly didn't dry fast. In fact, 20 minutes later, my nails were still not completely dry! The shine was nothing spectacular, but that may be because of the color I had on underneath. Considering I got this at a total bargain (2 polishes for $1.99!), I'll keep it and use it when I'm not in a rush to have dry nails. However, if you're looking for a quick drying top coat, this is definitely not your best option.

Go out and get Bronze Ablaze- it's a beautiful color and will look gorgeous on any skin color and will go with any glam New Year's party dress!

Stay fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment